Monday, August 10, 2009

My Weekend

Haiden Kissing Daddy at dinner...
My favorite treat of the summer...smores!



Haiden with her Grandma Linda and Vovo
Sunshine Cottage



Best parts about the weekend:

1. Three generations travelling together and everyone having fun!
2. The Sunshine Cottage in Glen Arbor
3. The two bites of deliciousness I tasted from the local pastry shop-still on WW, but WOW the cream cheese lemon bar was one of the best things I have ever tasted!
4. Playing in Lake Michigan with my daughter even though it was cold.
5. Spending some great family time in one of the most beautiful places in Michigan.

Worst parts about the weekend:

1. I managed to not take enough pictures- go figure!
2. More sunshine would have been nice
3. The check out time was WAY too early
4. It was too short
5. It was too short

Overall we had a great trip to Glen Arbor and a nice day trip to Fish Town in Leland. The soft serve was a hit with Haiden and Wayne found some killer pizza for $2.25 a slice. We grilled and cooked at the cottage most of the time, that was a great way to save money and to eat healthier.

I can't wait for next year when we rented a house for a week up there. This was just recon! I can't wait to kayak up there either. We spied on the house we rented next year. Looks nice! Can't wait...it will just be a few blocks to town, and close to the water!! Can't you hear Tim Allen's voice now...Pure Michigan...

No comments: