Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Public Radio Anyone?

So, I love MPR, WKAR Public Radio...I really am "over" other radio stations for the most part, and listen to MPR. I was listening today and at the end of a segment, the reporter will say, "For WKAR East Lansing, I am Joe Smith." As their by line. Very interesting. The different shows have different by lines representing their title, like, "For All Things Considered, I am Jane Doe." But today, it struck me as I was driving back from Onondaga for work, that there was a stroke of genius one day in a marketing meeting...or a stroke of idealism, or a VERY INFLATED SENSE OF SELF perhaps. Whatever the reason, I would love to do a piece. The show is called The World. Can't you just hear it now... "For The World, I am Jaimie Hutchison." Quite some ring to that, eh? I bet that never gets old. Great marketing... "For It's Just Not The Jaim Without Me, I am Jaimie Hutchison." (It just not the same ring as "For The World, I am Jaimie Hutchison!")

1 comment:

gracie m said...

Do you mean NPR? National Public Broadcast?