Friday, October 17, 2008

It's Sock Weather



So, the truth is, I am in a mourning period. This morning when I was getting ready to take my little one to daycare, my little helper brought me my flip flops. Clearly she was reading my mind, because, they would be my shoe of choice. I didn't have socks on, went outside and the reality hit me like hammer to the head...or feet in this case. It is sock weather.




Sock weather. Do you know what is followed by socks? Coats, hats, scarfs, gloves...cold. Dark. Winter. Dark when you leave for work, dark when you return. Less sunlight, less vitamin D, less warmth.




I think what I will enjoy least is the extra time it takes to get ready. I love just throwing on sandals and bopping out the door with reckless abandon. (what a rebel I am.)



Now, there will have to be coordination, socks that match things, shoes with laces or boots with zippers, stuffing my wiggly child into snow gear. . . all the things that will require an earlier wake up time. Let's face it. THIS is the true fear. I will have to get up earlier, plan more and it will take longer to drive, thus forcing my non-morning self to spend more waking hours in what I feel should be mandatory sleep time hours.



It's sock weather. I'll adjust, but for this moment...I mourn. I will save money on pedicures. Ah, a glimmer of good.


Goodbye sandals.



On oade to sandals:














No comments: