Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I Love Not Camping (1 of 3)


We saw this bag at a shop in Sutton's Bay called The Happy Woman, and I knew it was a blog in the making! I LOVE NOT CAMPING!



My room with a view was perfect. I love NOT camping! I had a great time with my oldest friend (duration (28 years), not age), Anica on our NOT camping adventure. It was short, but it was sweet.

Anica and I in the lake at Van's Beach.
The Whaleback Inn


We stayed at the Whaleback Inn in Leland, MI. I have heard about "the county" for SO long. Like seven years long. I finally got to see what all the fuss was about. The water is beautiful. The beaches are killer, Sutton's Bay and Leland had great places to eat shop and wander. The landscape is fabulous, the sunsets are marvelous and the people were welcoming. Overall a beautiful experience. I got all of the great things about camping-like s'mores-without actually camping. PLUS, we had beds, air conditioning, a shower... :)


My favorite moment of not camping, was Anica singing by the campfire while I was roasting marshmallows for my patented "double" s'more. Two marshmallows, a full square of chocolate and two gram crackers. The stars were so bright, the weather was perfect and hearing her voice takes me to a place nothing else does.


I was thrilled to meet in person some of the fabulous characters I feel I know so much about...after all the stories and pictures over the years! I look forward to spending more time with them the next time I visit.


Since I hurt my back unpacking my van (I know, right?) we did the less strenuous outings. I look forward to hiking Whaleback and spending a day at Northbar on one of my next visits.

Cheers to the sun, the water, the waves and "the county."

No comments: