Thursday, August 28, 2008

Who Needs a Wind Machine? (2 of 3)

(Cont. from I love NOT camping)

So, when I was reading the list of things Anica suggested I bring to Leelanau County I saw "Doo-rag, scarf or hat." I laughed and laughed at the vision of myself with a doo-rag. Anica has the greatest face for scarfs and hats and she will attest that I have never- in the 28 years she has known me- looked good in scarf's or hats. I do understand the need for me to wear one in the sun, etc. so I brought a visor and a hat.


This may be the best I ever looked in a hat! I think I was a Sophomore and Anica a Freshman in this photo shoot. LOL, Anica's hair was a bit too big to even rock that hat.



Here I am wearing one of Anica's scarfs...as you see, not much luck here either. I had just graduated high school, 1992.

OK, enough of the trip down memory lane and back to the trip to Leelanau County. I did bring a visor and a hat, but alas, the day we were at the beach and the wind was blowing...


I left my hat in the car. Anica, where are you? Oh, there you are under my hair!

We joked that my hair looked like it was stuck in a wind machine like the models use. However, as you see, it did not look flowing and beautiful like when the pros do it.

Here is what it should look like.

Brook Shields and Tyra have had decades to work that wind machine. In my case...


We had to do something about that hair in Anica's face! So, I decided to wear my sunglasses on my head like a headband. Surely that would work, right?



Note: my hair is still blowing directly in Anica's face. "I have a doo-rag in my backpack," said Anica. "Wow! This should be great, we have to get some pictures of THIS!" I replied.

Attempt number one.


First attempt...Hmmmmm...something is wrong. Someone already has this look. Yep, that's it. I totally look like Rosie O'Donnel! Nothing against Rosie, but uh, not my look! So, I think back to how Anica wore the scarf the day before.


It was pushed further back. Pretty as a picture. OK, maybe that will work. Let me try it...


Now I look like a house keeper-maybe a painter. I look like I am trying to hide a mullet or something! I have to try one more time. Maybe more like a headband.



Well, that is the best I got. Note to self: bring pony tail holder, barrette, or hat to the beach next time, or, just don't take pictures and hope no one notices. :)




Aside from Anica, here are some doo-rags that work:


Babies can pull anything off...



Performers...




And even animals...




Hey....does this one look familiar? Oh, I crack myself up! I think the time off has driven me to entertain myself. Hope someone out there shares my giggles. :)

No comments: