Friday, August 29, 2008

Change is Good



I heard one of the best speeches of my life last night. I feel inspired to write, talk and think about it. I even have it on my DVR in case anyone missed it. I feel I am a good judge of character. Character is important to me. I BELIEVE in Obama. I BELIEVE he has the country's best interest at heart. I also know he has what it takes to lead us. I believe his message of change is not only a message, but a necessity. My soul aches at the bigotry some in this country hold. My brain aches for the minds that are sealed shut by spin masters. If you vote for McCain because you stand behind his philosophical beliefs and ideas about how to effectively run this country then vote McCain. If you feel like you want something different than the last eight years, vote Obama.

I feel Obama's message for change is more than a message. It is an action plan. An action plan that will allow this country to regain its footing in each individual home (even all seven of McCain's :)) and in the world. We can not underestimate the footprint that has been left on this country by the Bush administration. We have to listen, compromise, and change how we move forward. The financial hole we are in, I believe, will take more than 4 years to claw out of. But, we must start. The dreams I have for my daughter depend on it. The dreams I have for my later years in life depend on it. The care I want for my parents as they age depend on it. This is not an election that can be taken lightly. We must not stay the course, we must begin to correct the errors made in the past eight years.

What a beautiful family Obama has. I would be a proud, proud American with the Obama family being our first family. When I read Obama's first book I was moved to tears several times. Why? Because I could relate to his stories. Because I could hear and feel his development as a human being. All inclusive development that included the development of his intellect, soul, compassion and drive for a better tomorrow. Wouldn't it be nice if we could have someone leading us who represents and understands our real life challenges? I hope Americans listened last night. Although I am a huge Obama supporter this election is about us. US, the American people. I know what is right for me. I don't just feel it, I know it. We can make a change. Yes we can.

1 comment:

Angela said...

I'm with you all the way on this one!