Thursday, September 11, 2008

Experiment-The Odyssey? We will see.


My van, named Smurfy, is new to me. I don't know her all that well yet. She provides comfort and all of the things you would want in a mini van. My daughter calls her "the new van." and is so thrilled every time she rides in it (as in comparison to the 1997 Honda Civic). Today, Smurfy gave me a new message...she flashed her empty tank light at me. She says she is empty. In my glove box, the book says I can drive her up to 40 miles with that light on. Did you catch that..."UP TO" 40 miles. I have been all around town today with that fancy light lit. Do you think I will make it home? That will be the experiment...the odyssey...Friends, please have cell phones ready, I want to test this "up to" part. :) And you all thought I was so sqaure.

3 comments:

Sean said...

Livin' on the edge! I've done this experiment with my last two cars; it's less nerve-wracking when you carry a gallon of reserve gas around in the trunk. It's come in quite handy when I've forgotten at just what point the light came on ...

Wishful Ink said...

Wayne said I barely made it...less than a half gallon left...

CFreaky said...

I did that twice in the splice-mobile, though not purposefully...I think the older technology sucks. Mine will actually estimate how much longer you have to drive starting from a full tank. When it gets to 40 miles left, it switches to LO (note - no "w" on the end of that), and then I have about 3 miles to get to a gas station. I try to live on the edge in other ways :)