Friday, September 19, 2008

She Smiled

She smiled...

Our first family photo...

Wayne and I went into Haiden's bedroom this morning and sang our best version of Happy Birthday. She just looked at us and smiled, and smiled and smiled. We explained to her that she was two today. We told her it was her birthday. I put her in a sweet long dress with leggings and sent her to see her friends at daycare with some Rice Crispie treats her Daddy made for her and her friends.



The day it all began...


Two years ago today my life changed. New love came flooding in like the waters of Niagara. She looked at me and starred longingly as I sang to her that first day. Her dark thick hair was beautiful and reflective of her Brazilian heritage. Her sparkling blue eyes had something more behind them. A knowing. A knowing of who we were. She now has light brown hair and hazel eyes...just like her Mommy. She knows her alphabet and sings along with me now. She is fascinated by the Wiggles and Sesame Street characters, although TV is limited in our house...somehow, she knows every character! Her hugs feel like the warmth of the sun encasing my body. Her smiles and laugh give me the purest of joy. Even her new phrase, "no, I can't" warms my heart! The way she says I love you fills my world with every breath.


I remember her first big girl bath!
These two years have been among the best of my life. When things happen that make me question my health, all I can do is think that I must stay around to be present. I purposefully plan the activities of my life to be my best self for her. She deserves the best I have to offer.

Her first Birthday!


Yes, we did this to her last Halloween!


18 months! She finally started walking. We were so proud!

Who could have ever imagined that my college sweetheart and I would create someone so spectacular. I only wished that every child was loved and treasured as much as our little peanut. Thank you Wayne for showing me that we can do anything together. We are the best of the best of teams. You are the kindest, most caring, joyful and active father, the best father I know and I can't imagine this journey without you
.
I love you Wayne. I love you Haiden. I feel so full of love today.

happiness.

1 comment:

Wayne said...

What a wonderful blog. Love you very, very much. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your 16 hours of labor :)